Eric Zeman / Android Authority
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 replace hub. Right here you’ll discover the newest data on updates to Samsung’s flagship foldable telephone. We’ll element the present software program variations for the gadget and provide you with a warning if there’s a brand new replace rolling out. Samsung normally pushes out One UI updates recurrently, however availability could also be affected by variant, provider, and area.
- Present steady model: Android 13
Newest Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
December 16, 2022: The US model of the Galaxy Z Fold 2 is lastly getting the long-awaited One UI 5-flavored Android 13 replace. This comes three weeks after the replace got here to the worldwide model of the gadget. The replace coming to carrier-unlocked variations could have the firmware model F916U1UEU2IVK5 and contains the December 2022 safety patch, in keeping with SamMobile.
To verify if an replace is offered, head to Settings > Software program updates in your gadget.
Earlier Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 updates
- November 11, 2022: On the identical day as the unique Fold, the Galaxy Z Fold 2 will probably be getting November’s safety patch (by way of SamMobile). Nonetheless, the replace is just out for European markets for the time being. The newest replace comes with firmware model F916BXXS2HVK1. The replace is alleged to repair round 4 dozen vulnerabilities.
- October 28, 2022: Higher late than by no means, however October’s safety patch has come, in keeping with 9To5Google. As common, the replace landed in European markets, however has discovered its approach to the US for Verizon-locked fashions. The replace comes with firmware model F916BXXS2HVI8 and F916USQS2HVI8.
- September 15, 2022: Samsung has launched the September safety patch, together with the Android 12L-based One UI 4.1.1 replace, in keeping with Go Android. The replace bears the firmware model F916BXXU2HVHA.
- August 19, 2022: The carrier-locked model of the Galaxy Z Fold 2 within the US is getting August’s safety replace in keeping with SamMobile. With firmware model F916U1TBS2HVG9, the Fold 2 will probably be getting a batch of bug fixes and stability enhancements. The replace may even repair dozens of vulnerabilities.
- July 18, 2022: US house owners of the Galaxy Z Fold 2 can now obtain July’s safety replace. In response to SamMobile, unlocked telephones will get firmware model F916U1UES2HVF6 and carrier-locked telephones will get F916USQS2HVF3. The replace ought to repair over 50 safety vulnerabilities.
- June 3, 2022: The Galaxy Z Fold 2 has obtained its June 2022 safety patch proper on schedule. SamMobile reviews that the replace containing the patch (software program model F916BXXU2GVE9) is now being pushed out to Germany. It’s anticipated to land in additional European nations within the coming days. TizenHelp provides that the replace weighs in at 1.9GB and likewise brings security-related enhancements for sideloading apps.
- Might 16, 2022: Samsung began rolling out firmware model F916U1UES2GVD2 to the Galaxy Z Fold 2 (by way of SamMobile). Inside this replace, you’ll discover the Might 2022 safety patch. Sadly, you gained’t discover a lot else included within the replace.
- April 12, 2022: In response to SamMobile, Galaxy S Fold 2 house owners ought to count on the April 2022 Android safety patch to land quickly. This new replace fixes over 88 vulnerabilities.
- March 22, 2022: The Galaxy Z Fold 2 has now received the March 2022 Android safety patch. Together with it comes One UI 4.1, which first debuted on the Galaxy S22 sequence.
- February 18, 2022: In response to SamMobile, the Galaxy Z Fold 2 is now receiving the February 2022 Android safety patch. The brand new software program comes with firmware model F916U1UEU2FVAB.
- January 21, 2022: Samsung is rolling out the January 2022 safety patch the Galaxy Z Fold 2. Except for the patch, solely bug fixes are included.
- December 28, 2021: Samsung has formally began rolling out One UI 4 to the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2. Up to now, we’ve solely seen the replace in Europe (by way of SamMobile), nevertheless it ought to make its approach to different nations quickly sufficient. The software program model is F916BXXS2FULE, and it contains the December 2021 safety patch. To be taught extra about what to anticipate with Android 12 and One UI 4, take a look at our hands-on right here.
- October 21, 2021: Three weeks after South Korean customers gained entry to the October safety replace, customers within the US can now seize the patch on unlocked fashions. Notably, carrier-locked fashions began receiving the replace earlier this week. In response to SamMobile, the replace brings firmware model F916U1UES2EUI3 which features a laundry checklist of Samsung patches, in addition to Google’s October safety fixes.
- October 1, 2021: South Korean customers gained firmware model F916NKSU1DUI4 which additionally included the October 2021 Android safety patch.
- September 24, 2021: The September patch rolled out alongside firmware F916BXXS2EUI for international Galaxy Z Fold 2 fashions.
When you’ve noticed an replace that we haven’t, tip us! On the lookout for one other replace? You should definitely go to our Android 11 replace tracker.